Pages

Sunday 11 June 2017

More New Shoes! New Balance Vazee Rush v2

I've been on the lookout for a pair of fast road shoes since I signed up for the Amsterdam Half Marathon and following the Saucony Stride Lab last month I know what I am looking for - neutral, light, flexible, fairly minimal.  The Kinvara 8s I tried on at Accelerate felt nice, but I wasn't sure if they were £120 nice.

Last night while browsing the Decathlon website for a few basics I need to pick up I had a browse of their sale section when I spotted they had New Balance Vazeee Rush v2 down from £65 to £50.  I've looked at the range of shoes available in Decathlon before, and everything I looked at for pure road running was high drop - 9mm or even 12mm, and felt wrong on my feet when I tried them on.  These were 6mm though which is the same as my trail shoes, and they look to be similar weight (and even the colours match!) and the Sheffield store had some stock in, so I read some reviews and decided to give them a go.


After a short period of confusion where I thought the fit was awful because I was looking at the US size and not the UK size I popped a pair on and had a quick jog up and down the aisle. They felt natural, with a good fit round the heel yet a roomy toe box, so in the basket they went. I've only managed a quick 1km loop around the block in them but it was a fast km - new PB for 1km at 4:03 and I am now 6th of 223 on my local Strava segment - this might have to be something I work on chipping away at :)



I've already got my sub 25 minute parkrun, but I shall be looking to get some decent road distance under these as part of my half marathon training plan and seeing how much they help my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment